Monday, August 8, 2016

Weekly Update -- August 8th, 2016

Hello everyone!

Crazy week, but it's all behind us now. First of all, I had the first Zone conference as a Zone leader which made me a bit nervous because the President comes to see how we train and teach the missionaries in the zone. On top of that, I had a rough morning forgetting memory cards we were going to use to explain that missionaries need to read more than just once chapter three of PMG, forgot my phone, and money for the bus. But the bus didn't really matter because we took the wrong one and had to call the President to pick us up. That was pretty humbling. Luckily, the Spirit was there and the conference went well, despite a rough morning. I don't know how, but with about half the time this week, we still completed our normal missionary work. Contacting (or tracting I've heard some people call it too) on buses and the metro, I had a great feeling just handing out Jesus cards and seeing the smile on the other person's face when they got it and started a little small talk. Simple missionary work goes a long way.

Yesterday (Sunday), we were really blessed to see SIX investigators come to Church. I want to tell the stories of the three families who came.

Mirna married a member, but is very less active and we just knocked on their door randomly one day and they listened very attentively. The husband left for Mexico City for the next year, but the wife and her nephew came to Church for the first time and had a great experience getting to know some of the members.

Karla and her daughter Leslie came for the second time and yesterday we were talking a bit about baptism again, asking how they felt and she mentioned to Elder Eusebio that she received her answer that she should be baptized in this Church while singing the hymn 'I am a Child of God'. This is the true Church everyone, the Spirit testifies of it when we are sincerely looking for an answer.

Luis and Gloria are a son and Mom who's dad left them a few years ago, never go to any Church and don't pray. The best lesson of the week was when we went to see them on Thursday to explain the Restoration. Pretty normal, not very many questions, 'oh that's cool', or 'yeah, I get it'. Then at the end we asked Luis to say the prayer and he did, hesitantly. The most sincere prayer I've heard in a long time, also one of the most simple. He just gave thanks to Heavenly Father for helping him and his Mom through these past couple of years. We looked up at the end and they were both crying. Then Saturday, they gave us Vera Crucian tomales!

Kind of a long email, sorry. But I want to give a shout out to Tyler and Hollie who will be sealed for all time and eternity this Saturday! Super happy for them even though I won't be able to be there in person. Good luck to you both! To leave a kind of random invitation, I want to ask for some unbiased information (or biased, whatever) about the political candidates for this upcoming election. Even though I'm out of the country for my first time, I know enough that youth don't vote and that makes the future of the great USA not too great. Much appreciated. Love you all, take care!

 
-Elder Allgaier

Still working on camera stuff, hopefully I'll be able to take pictures this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment