Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Weekly Update -- August 15th, 2016

Hello everyone,

Umm, first, a final congratulations to the now Tyler and Hollie Allgaier on their wedding last Saturday. I know I mentioned it last week, but it's worth it. For those who want to know how I felt being here instead of there, I honestly felt at peace with the decision. It almost wasn't even something that had to be thought out because I already knew how it was going to play out. Maybe that's Heavenly Father blessing me with an eternal perspective of things. I know that He and my family know that the work here is important enough to keep my thoughts centered. I did, however, mention it to a few of the people we are teaching to give them some motivation for their own eternal families.

Oddly, there were no investigators who came to Church this week for one reason or another. Not really stressing because we know of at least a couple who have planned to come for sure, for sure the next week. One couple named Antenojeno (say that 10 times fast) and his girlfriend NĂ©lida, who have previously talked to the missionaries but failed to commit to getting married, received an answer that they should get married. That is the biggest thing impeding them from progressing right now considering they already have the desire to be baptized, which is great news for us, now we just need to work with the members to get it done as quickly as possible.

As for an invitation, I want to check up first on how you're doing on your Book of Mormon reading that I challenged you all to complete at the beginning of the summer. Have you finished it? How was your experience? I assume many of you have not. Honestly, I have been doing less than on pace as well. SO, this week, I invite you all to listen to the Book of Mormon in your spare time and hope that you will find a scripture or part of a story that you can relate in your life right now. Love you all, thank you for your prayers, keeping me and missionaries worldwide in your thoughts and prayers.

 
-Elder Allgaier

No comments:

Post a Comment