Monday, May 2, 2016

Weekly Update -- May 2nd, 2016

Hello everyone!

Crazy week with a lot of miracles. To start, we had a baptism! We have been teaching a less-active family for the past couple of months and helped their 8 year old son, Arturo, receive entrance into the kingdom of God. Unfortunately, their Dad, who is a really good guy, was unable to baptize his son due to having to work on Sundays. They asked me to baptize him and it made me really happy to see Father and Son sitting next to each other before actually going into the baptismal font.

I conducted my first interview as District Leader this last Friday! It was another 8 year old kid from Lopez Mateo's area, where Elder Lopez is right now. Super sweet kid and it was a joy to be able to be apart of his baptism, even just a small part. He was confirmed last Saturday at the end of the service, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost. I remember in my blessing when my Stake President set me apart to be a missionary, he said I would especially do my part in helping the youth. These past few months I am really grateful to feel like that blessing is being fulfilled.

Another couple of investigators we have are Alejandro, a really sweet old man who came to a ward activity last Sunday, but didn't come to Church for some reason. He told us he wants to change and be a better person and has been showing us his reading in the Book of Mormon on occasion. Elisa who lives nearby him, has had a very rough past with not just one, but multiple deaths in her immediate family, resulting in a less than great relationship with God. She really has a hard time accepting that Heavenly Father loves us. It's tough because we are answering her questions, but she just isn't ready to accept them. Elisa HAS told us about a few occasions during and after our visits that she feels a little weird and relieved (i.e. the Holy Ghost). We have confidence in her.

This fast Sunday, Elder Chan and I fasted specifically to know how many people the Lord has prepared for us to baptize this change. A cool spiritual experience because at the end of the day we wrote on different sticky notes our answer and both showed '5'. Revelation is real if we search for it. (I'm pretty sure there's an article on the Church's homepage about that right now by President Eyring.) I invite you all to watch that video and to fast for whatever important decision you might have to make. Not just this week, but whenever. Thanks for all of your prayers, hope you have a great week!

-Elder Allgaier


Artura and missionaries
Arturo and fam
Elder Ruiz (from lopez mateo) and me
The Bishop and me

District picture
how we set up cameras for district pictures

Zone picture

No comments:

Post a Comment