Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Weekly Update -- December 20th, 2016

Merry Christmas week!

This is the last week before Ricardo's Christmas baptism! We are really excited about getting him prepared for the ordinance, teaching him a few last things but really he has been very receptive from the beginning. The first Sunday I actually wasn't here when Ricardo came to Church, but he started shaking everyone's hand. He came here from Vera Cruz to find work while having some family troubles, but has since gone to visit his sons to mend some relationships. Great guy.

We had our Branch Christmas party last Friday and our Mission Christmas party yesterday. At the branch party, someone found out I played the saxophone and asked me to play a few songs. Three years without touching a sax, but I've still got it. Maybe a little nervous but it was way better than the 'Baby it's cold outside' kareoke duet that Elder Barrientos sang. Whatever, we got out of our comfort zone.

Just a lot of fun things these few weeks, including a pday trip to the center of Monterrey to get some souveneirs with a couple of other missionaries and the skype call this Sunday!! Can't wait to talk to you again. Before ending the update, I want to invite you all to send me a quick email about your favorite Christmas tradition. I'll even put my email address here (spencer.allgaier@myldsmail.net) to make it easier for those who are reading on the blog. Love you all and I hope you have a great Christmas season!

Also, thank you so much for the package Urbana ward. It made me feel very good reading your letters and I'm sure my companion and I will feel good eating the candy you sent us!

-Elder Allgaier

A few pics from the mission Christmas party...

Elder Barrientos and I sang a kareoke duet of 'Baby its cold outside'

dominoes lunch with root beer floats

package from urbana ward!!

pday in central

No comments:

Post a Comment