Monday, June 6, 2016

Weekly Update -- June 6th, 2016

Hello everyone!


I can't believe how great this past week has been and I like to remember the scripture in 2 Nephi 4:19 to illustrate it. Nephi talks about his joy being cut short by recognizing how short he falls from the glory of Heavenly Father, NEVERTHELESS, he knows in WHOM he has trusted. Love that scripture and I don't interpret it as pesemistic, because we are nothing compared to the glory of God, but we become better by recognizing how we can improve, excercising faith in the Atonement, trusting in the Spirit and divine guidance.

This past Sunday Sandra, Fatima and Alondra entered the waters of baptism and Elder Chan baptized the Mom and I was able to perform the ordinance for the two daughters! We're both super happy for them and for the chance we had to be a part of their lives. Their extended family has also showed interest in coming to Church and listening to the missionaries. Plus, we still need to talk to the Dad who works crazy hours as a taxi driver. We're not done working by a long shot with them!

I invite all of you to read the scripture 2 Nephi 4:19 this week and ponderize it (if you remember the invitation from two general conferences ago). I think it's a great reminder of who we receive power from. When I am tempted to work a little less or be a little less obedient, I ask myself in who I'm confiding. Is it Heavenly Father or nerves? Heavenly Father or weariness? Heavenly Father or homesickness? Heavenly Father or the adversary? I love you all and thank you for all of your prayers. Have a great week!

-Elder Allgaier



Baptism picture!

Prebaptism picture

How my name turned out on the baptism program

State pride, our neighbor Jose who is part of a big family in the Church, the Sevillas,
Add caption

Emanuel, the son of the primary president and Bishop's second counselor
Emanuel's family after the baptism, the Contreras'
Ward night activity singing 'called to serve'
Same activity showing pictures and experiences of return missionaries in the ward including missionaries from Brazil, Mexico city and Guatemala.
We saw Herby on the way to lunch one day

No comments:

Post a Comment