Monday, June 13, 2016

Weekly update -- June 13th, 2016

Hello everyone!

Well, the time has come for changes. Last night the zone leaders called to let me know my new area will be Frotas, or something like that (can't really remember, but next week will be better) in the San Nicholas stake, which just happens to be right next to the Anahuac stake where I have been all of my mission except for this area! I'm really excited that they let me keep being District Leader, even though I don't know anything about who is in it, which will be very different from these last 3 months where we were all friends beforehand.

I've been really blessed to work in this niche of the Lord's vineyard these past 4 and a half months and have grown to love so many of the people here. I now understand what it means to expand one's capacity to love. Sandra and her family will always have a special place in my heart. It was very rewarding to see them confirmed yesterday and progressing one step closer to eternal life. Christian, the 12 year old son of the VERY less active family now has a baptismal date for next Sunday, just about breaking my heart when he asked if I could baptize him because it won't be possible now. In any case, Elder Chan will do it and the same day, Christian will be the first in his family to receive the Aaronic Priesthood. Just think of the blessings!! A new investigator, Irma, also came for the first time to Church yesterday, so the work continues on as I leave.

I could name so many people who have become very close friends of mine here. Bishop Hernandez, Hna. Juanita, McCoy, Hno. Torres, Hno. Ferreira, the Contreras family, Hna. Imelda, Arturito, Hna. Lucy, Hno. Brigham, Hna. Micol, Hna. America, Cristian, Jorge, Camila, Brenda, Superabuela, etc... I try to keep close to me the example of my Dad, especially reviewing the day in my head at night. I am so blessed to be here at this point in my life right now. I am so blessed to be able to participate in the work my Dad took part in in Montreal and the work my Heavenly Father treasures so dearly. I invite you to watch one of my favorite Church videos here... https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/topics/fathers?lang=eng and thank your father today. Thanks for everything and I'll talk to you next time in San Nico! 

-Elder Allgaier

Awesome convert of the ZLs (Zone Leaders) who grew up in North Carolina, Everuardo, I'm going to miss him, but we plan on going to the temple with them in Utah in a year when we're at BYU



Fabiolia, a recent convert who has gone on visits with us saturdays and is planning on serving a mission soon (and her Mom)

Hna. Juanita with two ex-missionaries making gorditas

Imelda and her 1 year old daughter Ivonna, her son is Arturo who I was able to baptize a month or so ago

 Picture of Elder Greenwood ZL at a service project this past Friday

another at the service project

Waiting for changes last night



No comments:

Post a Comment