Monday, October 5, 2015

Update from October 5th, 2015

Hello everyone!

What a great weekend with General Conference with the three new apostles called and yes, we DID have investigators!!! I am super excited because we can progress again with the five people that came. Antonio came alone on a crutch because of his bad leg and Guadalupe came with one of her daughters and two of her grandsons. When we went back to Guadalupe's house for a quick in between session visit, she asked us to get a Bible for her to read with bigger letters. I told her we could, but there would be a few small differences because she has a Catholic version. She promptly replied, 'well I'm going to be changing my religion anyways so if it's your Bible it's ok.' My companion almost forgot what he was writing when we heard that because of her confidence in the reply. Awesome lady. Real quick shout our to Elder Jaden Hawes who leaves soon for his mission if I've heard correctly and Elder Jamie Melby who received his call as well. God speed my friends.

Last week Elder Berryhill left after five changes here, 30 weeks in Salinas Victoria A. Elder Mendoza is my new companion from the great Salt Lake City! Despite being sick his first two days, he has been a hard working companion with me.

Some of my favorite General Conference talks from this past weekend were Elder Nelson's on the importance of his wife, especially during that difficult time after a heart operation. I noticed a theme of the importance of strong women in the church this past weekend and I really liked it. We see a skew of balance in the assistance between men and women here and they women take the win. It's really true how important they are for everyone, their strength and companionship. I also loved Elder Bednar's talk on the importance of organization of Christ's church and the Sundayschool general president's talk (sorry I can't remember his name). I want to re-extend his invitation to ponderize a scripture every week. I have one, but I want you to send me your scripture and ask for mine. Love you all!

-Elder Allgaier

No comments:

Post a Comment