Tuesday, July 14, 2015

July 13, 2015 -- Weekly Update

Hello everyone!

For those interested, we're renting the only house that was for rent. I believe it was option number three. Nice two story, boiler functioning, air conditioning almost working house. We should be changing either today or tomorrow. My new companion is Elder Casiano from the southern part of México, a city meaning warrior in Spanish. That's pretty cool. He's a great companion, very compasionate and he's a three year convert so his testimony is especially personal to him. Elder Casiano is our district leader so I get to go on divisions with some of the other Elders in our district. A good amount of changes have happened but it doesn't discourage me, it's one of the things that keeps me focused on the work.

In proselyting news, we are lacking in investigators, both new and progressing once again. The thing that is so frustrating to me is when we talk to people and they don't seem to listen. They'll nod their head and agree and say that everything is fine, but when we ask what the importance of a prophet is, they have to have it repeated. I feel like there's a script that everybody gets before they talk to missionaries because we get very, very similar responses for people who don't want to accept anything we teach them. Here are a few "otra ocasiona" "sí, sí, todo está bien" "pues, tengo mi biblia, pero no asisto a la iglesia mucho" "no, no, somos catolicos aquí". If it seems that I'm bashing on Catholics or Méxicans, I apologize because it's not my intent. I love both. I just get frustrated when people are not open to hearing a word of what we have such a strong testimony of. That's part of the mission life I suppose.

In the house, I've been listening to some general conference talks recently to get myself rebooted for the day with the Spirit. I really think it's a good way to learn more about how we can live better, I can even remember more than a handful of times when I did it at BYU and even in High school. I want to invite everyone to listen to a general conference talk today. If you already listen to GC talks, listen to at least one everyday. For my personal pleasure, if you want to send me your favorite or a good one for a missionary serving in México, I would love a nice set of talks. Thanks for everything! Love you!

-Elder Allgaier

Elder Velez with his comp before me at the changes

All of the missionaries at the changes


My new comp

a lizard I found one night in my room that we captured (charmander)tip: don't leave your door or windows open, or have a gap under your door. In fact, just change houses


No comments:

Post a Comment