Tuesday, July 7, 2015

July 6th, 2015 -- Weekly Update (Week 17)

Happy late Independence Day!

Or as they call it here in México, day. This was my last week with Elder Vélez as my companion and also my last week of training! Now I am officially a real life missionary. I haven't heard anything about my new companion or if I'm leaving Escobedo. The liklihood is that I'll be staying here for another 6 or 12 weeks. I'll miss Elder Vélez, but at the same time I'm super excited for my new companion. Our investigator, George, came to church again last week and he's progressing very well. He came to a baptismal service the other Escobedo Elders were having for three of their investigators and was reading his Book of Mormon when we were waiting for it to start! So happy for him. 

We are also moving houses! When looking for a new place to rent that is actually in our area, I feel like I'm in an episode of run down house hunters. Our first option has a nice view and is in a comfortable green shade, but the price is at the top end of our budget. The second option has a nice location, close to our investigators but still doesn't have everything on our wish list aside from the less than pleasing looking missionary who always stands outside. The last option is for rent, which is high on our wish list, great location, but the two floors is a little to elegant for our taste. Which one will we choose? Find out next week! Fun stuff like that keeps me animated about the mission life.

For the p-day here, the dying missionaries (missionaries who are going home) go visit their past areas and their converts as kind of a fun thing. Since I don't know any of Monterrey outside of Escobedo, Elder Frank and spent the day on divisions while his companion (a little more experienced than us in the area) went to help Elder Vélez remember some areas. So much fun with Elder Frank. We went to a huge mall I didn't even knew existed to get me a speaker for my approved missionary music and general conference talks, looked around some other stores near by and talked in English! There's just something about speaking your native language that helps your thoughts flow easier and build a relationship better. We're good buddies Elder Frank and I. A big welcome to our new President, President McArthur, whom we met this past week during a nice speech on missionary work and motivational thoughts in a joint zone-conference. I'm excited to get to know him more and see how the transition works out. Not much else this week, we´ll be having a multi-family home evening (or noche de hogar) with a few members and converts as a nice way to send my companion to his house. I think it's especially great for our new converts who haven't really have a lot of family time together before. I want to extend an invitation to emphasize the importance of family home evening this week. Love you all!

-Elder Allgaier




No comments:

Post a Comment