Tuesday, May 26, 2015

May 25, 2015 -- 1/8 finished

I cannot believe anyone who tells me it has been almost three months already. If only middle/high school went by this fast. This week was pretty uneventful until Sunday. Just a few lessons, people telling us to come by another time when they weren't 'busy' watching tv or something of the sort. We did have a rough day on Thursday when our one appointment was with a family who had been pretty excited about our lessons decided to stop taking them. The rest of the day was filled with 5 hours of unfruitful street contacting. That's where diligence kicks in. Really, one day won't get me down. Maybe 3, 4 or 5 days in a row like that, but we still had some success.

Which brings me to Sunday... Beatrice got baptized!! Soooo amazing to be there with about 20 other members of the ward who came to support her and the other investigator being taught by Elder Rollins (from SLC area who is going home this week, give him a high five if anybody sees him for me) and Elder Frank (super amazing missionary who got here just one change ago from Provo and who I went on divisions with last Friday, his brother actually knows Tyson!). Another great thing about the baptism is that Beatrice asked me to baptize her! And yes, it was in Spanish. I was so happy that I was able to do that for her. It turned out to be Elder Rollins' last baptism and my first at the same service. Afterwards when everybody was hugging and congratulating, I told Beatrice in my broken Spanish that there were a lot of happy people for her right then. To which she replied perfectly by saying, "none happier than me." So great. She's amazing.

After that, we also had an investigator who came to church for the first time, she said she enjoyed it and we went over to her house to talk to her. Turns out her ex-husband would be there as well. As a little side note, he really doesn't like the church. I had to smile a bit because it was so obvious and a bit stereotypical how he was talking with us. Saying how Joseph Smith and the Mormons didn't speak of the same God and that we were teaching all wrong things. He wouldn't let us talk to his ex-wife since we could talk to him. He said it didn't matter whom we talked to since they were the same. My first person I've met like that which was fun. We'll try again to visit her when we don't have to contend with him because that's not how the spirit works.

To make the day good again, we were walking to another member's house when were passing through a street that reminded me of a person we contacted before who was watching a soccer game (my favorite person that we have contacted yet because of that). I felt bothered that we couldn't find his house before because I wrote down the wrong house number. While we were at one house trying to figure out his name again, he walked right out to get something from the porch area where we were standing. As a missionary, I'm able to recognize miracles more easily and that was a clear mircale to me. We talked with him for a good 25 minutes, gave him the first lesson pamphlet and set up an appointment for this week. The odds are too slim for that to be by chance. We'll call him Ramond since I'm expecting to talk about him more. Thanks for all of your prayers and cares!

-Elder Allgaier



First baptism


Last zone picture

Elder Velez and I proselyting

Elder Velez and a member


No comments:

Post a Comment