Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Weekly Update -- January 23rd, 2017

Hello everyone,

Thank you for those who accepted the challenge last week to study a Christ-like attribute, I hope it was an edifying experience. I certainly liked studying by topic as well, here's what I learned...

I completed the study of reading the passages of faith in PMG and the references of those scriptures. In the three sections (what is faith, how do you obtain faith/what can I do with faith, what blessings come through faith) I was able to learn a few new things. Concerning the first question, what is faith, the scriptures teach that we cannot have perfect knowledge while having faith. The example in Alma 32 is the clearest to explain that principle and is strengthened with another account when we read the brother of Jared's story when he trusts in the Lord's plan to build a boat, though he has no sure knowledge on how to do so. Leading us to the second question, how to obtain faith and what can we do with it. Having so much faith, not only trusting to do what the Lord wants, but taking initiative and adding his own part to the same vision by giving an idea on how to have light in the boats, allowed him to see God's finger. Testifying that miracles can and WILL procede trials of faith is one of my favorite verses in Ethere 12:12. The entire chapter mentions the word 'faith' some 34 times (left the exact number in my other book of mormon), but that scripture in particular was noted a significant number of times within the references to the scriptures in PMG.

Thank you President McArthur for the challenge.

In recent news, I'm really enjoying my last change here. To keep me focused, I'm taking the advice of Elder Barrientos who said 'It's ok to think about home, but only on pday.' And the results are visible. This last Sunday, Oliveria (Bella) was confirmed and is loving learning about the Gospel through her personal study and asking us and other members the questions that come up every once in a while.

Meanwhile, I'm finding it very easy to apply my fùtbol talents that Heavenly Father has given me in the missionary work. This morning, for example, us four missionaries decided to take a couple hours to conquer the nearby cancha or fùtbol court. There came a group of about 6 kids between the ages of 11 and 16 to play with us in less than 20 minutes. Lots of fun. Juega bonito, joga bonito.

Just a small invitation to read Moroni 10 to find out more about your spiritual gifts. A quick read in the Gospel Principles wouldn't hurt if you want to read a little bit more in depth about the subject. Thank you for your continued prayers and efforts. Love you all!!  

--Elder Allgaier

 Elder Fernandez's new haircut (similar to the egg)
Nice coke shot
Less active Lazaro who came back to Church yesterday
Another shot


1 comment:

  1. Love you Spencer. Love the way you are remaining so "in tune" with your mission and what needs to be done!

    ReplyDelete