Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Weekly Update -- January 16th, 2017

Hello everyone,

It looks like I owe you two updates this time... Last week was a bit crazy being Elder Barrientos' last day in the mission field visiting some converts and members from past areas. Really a fun experience seeing how excited he was and the impact he had made on so many people. Of course, I still have a long way to go until I do that...

The day before (Jan 8), we had an interesting baptismal service for Oliveria Garcia Hernandez. She came late due to a previously scheduled hospital service, which we were expecting. What we were not expecting was an absence of gas to heat the water and fill the baptismal font! There were doubts if we were going to be able to go through with it at that Church, or if we were going to have to postpone it until the next week. A recent convert then butted in saying he had a little tank of gas at his house. We hurried over and filled it up, running in our suits whenever we could. We didn't know, but we broke a rule hooking up that tank to the chapel boiler and started to fill the font. About 40 minutes later, Oliveria was baptized and I was able to perform the ordinance in semi-cold water.

This week, I'm with Elder Fernandez, who I actually met in Anahuac as Zone leaders in the same stake (but different zones). Really fun, hardworking missionary and he'll be excellent to work with until the end. A funny experience

Ended the week without fruits, but we had our zone activity watching Finding Dory and playing fùtbol with some Tamas (even better than compechanas). An invitation that President McCarthur extended to me in my last interview, I will now extend to you. Pick an Christ like attribute from Preach My Gospel (chapter 6) and study every scripture at the end of the section, as well as every footnote scripture within those scriptures and then send me a report of what you learned. Mine was faith. I'll even give you all a report next week! Love you all so much!

--Elder Allgaier

 In the office before leaving to visit converts with E. Barrientos
First house
Free tacos on the restaurants grand opening 'tacos che'
The 'che' team
 Last companionship picture with our baptism saver (Chepe)
Elder Fernandez and me
 Last leadership counsel (ZLs) Zone Leaders
Recognize anyone?
Knocking doors way up in the mountains
Playing fùtbol in the house the night before
The famous cow horns which go to the zone of the change (most baptisms)

No comments:

Post a Comment