Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Weekly Update -- September 5th, 2016

Hello everyone,

Yesterday I completed my 18 month mark. I have been taught the gospel, taught the gospel, then taught others how to teach the gospel and even been taught how to teach others how to teach the gospel. Last Friday, I had the opportunity to visit my first area in Escobedo doing divisions with Elder Reed, one of the district leaders in Topo Chico. I can't tell you in words how rewarding it was to see some really good old faces. One of the most memorable was Brenda. For those who don't know or may have forgotten, Brenda was the first person I taught who was baptized when with my first companion Elder Velez. She hadn't been to Church soon after her baptism because her Mom had passed away in that short time. Her Dad had put a lot of fault on her making the situation even worse. Seeing her today getting ice-cream made my heart jump. We talked for a bit and repracticed her smile she had grown when we were teaching her for the first time. It was one of the best experiences of my mission. I can't wait to hear from her again.

Apart from that, there were eight investigators in Church this week. EIGHT!! I feel very blessed and can't help but to thank my companion Elder Eusebio (or as one of his nametags say, Éusbio) for really enduring to the end of his mission; teaching, finding, being obedient, focused. That's where the miracles come from and he really put a great example for me. Karla and her daughter Leslie came to Church for her fourth time, preparing herself to be baptized next Sunday! Along with her, her Mom Marina, her sister Mary, and her brother in law Jesus. They're just all progressing very well. Kimberly was baptized Yesteday, being Elder Eusebio's last mission baptism. It was also the first performance of the Alianza Real Chior, which went pretty well. Kongrats Kimmy!

Something we did yesterday in third hour was teach on how the members can contact and share the gospel to their friends, family and co-workers. Honestly, this branch WORKS and it's an honor to be apart of everything that's happening right now. We left an invitation to the Priesthood holders that I would also like to extend to you all to be more conocido (familiar) with the mission work. I invited you to read chapter 13 of Preach my Gospel and invite a friend, family member or co-worker to listen to the missionaries. I know they would be VERY excited to meet with them. I know that God loves all of His children and there are just some people that can only hear the gospel through friends and family. I hope this will be an uplifting experience for all of you. Love you all so much!!

-Elder Allgaier
Brenda
Hna. (Hermana) Diamantina
A convert who came with us on a visit that night
Elder Zambrano's last divisions
Before Kimmy's baptism interview (notice the futbol game)
Preparing for a stake dance activity
Cute girl also practicing on the side
Gospel principles class on the way out, packed this week!
 car ride to the baptismal service
Pre-baptism pic

Another pre-baptism pic
Kimmy's non-member dad (up next)


Elder Guerrero DL (District Leader)
Mary and Jesus
Recent converts Garcia family
Elder Martin and I together today making crepes while our companions are out visiting converts for the last time before heading back home

No comments:

Post a Comment