Monday, September 26, 2016

Weekly Update -- September 26th, 2016

Hello everyone,

I can't write everything that has happened this week, but something I'll start with that I forgot to write for last week was a cool testimony building experience about prayer. We went to visit an investigator named Julia who was locked out of her house without keys. We quickly talked about prayer and decided to invite her to ask for the keys in the prayer. Taking out the scripture guide where it says 'Oracion' we read that prayer is to unite our desires with those of Heavenly Father. I said 'if it is Heavenly Father's will that the keys come at this time' as I motioned with my hand and at the EXACT moment, her son came around the corner with keys in hand. Awesome. The Church is true my friends.

Luis was baptised yesterday, super spiritual experience, but he was very calm through just about the whole service. He asked me to baptise him and I messed up his name the first time, but the second time he was cleansed completely from sin. At the end, his Mom, Gloria, who is set to be baptised next Sunday in between General Conference sessions, said the closing prayer. Before doing so, she gave a teary testimony about how happy she was for Luis making this decision on his own, even though he had never gone to any Church before. After the prayer, Luis also gave a few words and was very emotional as well. He thanked his Mom and the branch and the missionaries who brought him the gospel and said he had a whirlwind of thoughts before being baptised. A lot of bad things and a lot of good things. I think that was another answer he was waiting for.

I think it was especially great because Elder Preciado is going through a tough time. Without giving out too many details, he recently found out that his aunt, who practically raised him, is very sick. The best moments always come at the hardest times I suppose. Nevertheless, it has really helped us grow together as a companionship. I'm really grateful to be his companion at this time. For the invitation, I want to invite you all to invite someone to see the General Conference this weekend. We missionaries always look forward to it, especially because it is such a great chance for others to receive answers to questions they've had for a long time. It's a great way to know that Thomas S. Monson really is a Prophet of God. Help your missionaries out with this invitation. Thanks to all of you who did the PMG chapter 6 quiz, I hope you will receive even more blessings with theses sacrifices. Love you all!!

-Elder Allgaier


Zone meeting where we had everyone find hidden chocolate.
Divisions with Elder Lara, his first!


On the way to the baptism!!
Again to the baptism
Luis got baptised!!! (next to his Mom who is getting baptised next Sunday)
With the branch who came
In the font

Emergency drill this morning


No comments:

Post a Comment