Monday, July 4, 2016

Weekly Update -- July 4th, 2016

Hello everyone!

It's kind of weird because I just wrote a few days ago, but a few notable things have happened since last Wednesday. One of the most exciting was a stake missionary activity we had last night teaching a few short classes to the members (including about 30 future missionaries and 2 ex mission Presidents) how to furthur participate in the mission work. The other companionships taught 'How to share my testimony' and 'How to relate the gospel into daily conversation' while Elder Juarez and I taught 'How to contact'. Very fun activity and a chance for us experienced Elders to help others share the blessings of the gospel to friends and family. A member gave Elder Bandy, our Zone leader, the best compliment of the night saying, 'wow, missionaries are so humble.' One of the best things a missionary can hear.

I'll be a little short on this one, but I have to mention America's birthday. Happy birthday USA. We spent the day after a few meetings celebrating by eating American Cheeseburgers and American ribs and American Potatoes and drinking American Sprite and Mexican Coke. Have to be honest, Mexico has won the coke contest. I invite you all this week to ponder who you will vote for this coming election. I tie this into the gospel because it is a principle that government and Church be one in purpose, both work better united. Let's keep America a great country by voicing our opinions. I feel especially passionate thanks to my good buddy Bryce who is now in the fight to make that continually possible. Love you all and thank you for your prayers.

-- 
-Elder Allgaier

...Pictures to come, can't find a cable right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment