Monday, March 21, 2016

Weekly Update -- March 21st, 2016


Hello everyone!

This was the last week of a seven week change/transfer (usually six weeks) and my Honduranian companion Elder Zambrano and I are satisfied with our work, though we didn't have any baptisms. The changes came in last night, directly from the top. President McCarthur called us to give 'assignments' with Elder Zambrano getting promoted to Zone Leader in Lianares and me.... I'll be training!! I'm super excited to have this experience, but also a little nervous because I'm also going to be District Leader. I'm sure it'll be a good amount of change of pace that will push me to rely on inspiration from Heavenly Father to do a good job. Tomorrow, I'll go to the mission offices to find out who my "son" will be (mission son, of course...) and eat free Costco pizza! Turns out, the other companionship (who are Sister missionaries) will also be training, so I figure it'll be an interesting couple of changes.

Birthday shout-out to my little brother GARRETT!! Happy 15th birthday this Sunday bud, hope you have a good time! That means that when I get back you should be driving with your permit. Crazy. Also, this week we did divisions with the Zone leaders and Elder Garner came to our area. Funny guy and I really had a fun and successful day. We contacted a lady named Alma who had a 16 year old daughter who she really wanted to have good guidance before she left the house. We invited her to a few activities at the Church and she actually came to a YW (Young Women) activity when they were planning to go do a camp by the temple at the end of the month. She even said she was planning on going! I love how awesome the Church is, especially for families. Unfortunately, they didn't come to church this week, but we have hope for the next Sunday.

Due to new responsibilities in leadership, I want to ask for advice on how I can be a good leader. I know there are a lot of great people out there who I've been blessed to be in contact with who are also great leaders, who have had experiences to help them be as such. Thanks for all your help and prayers during this precious time Heavenly Father blesses me with in His work. Love you all!


-Elder Allgaier

Zone picture

Cool Brazilian family! They ate dinner with them.


The Brazilian Dad was also 1st counselor in the stake and has a thing that he has all of the missionaries who have eaten with them sign, see if you can find mine...


zone more relaxed

Dinner with the Ferreira's (Brazilian family)

Cine mormón snack table (church activity Saturday night)
Elder Garner (ZL) close up

Elder Slade (ZL) and his 'Nacho face'


No comments:

Post a Comment