Monday, November 16, 2015

Weekly Update -- November 16th, 2015

Hello everyone,

First of all, while we were just in here writing for this week, Elder Mendoza received a phone call from the Asistants saying that we are getting a companion change TODAY as soon as pday is over. So my new companion is going to be Elder Lopez. Too bad because I was expecting to be with Elder Mendoza until just before Christmas and he introduced me to some cool spanish music and herbal tea that made this last sick week much easier. In any case, I'm excited for Elder Lopez!

Yesterday was one of the most rewarding Sundays in a long time when a recent less active, Arturo, was ordained a Priest and received the Aaronic priesthood! He is really into studying the gospel doctrine in the manuals and even motivated his wife to come to church for the first time since I've been in Salinas Victoria. She learned about eternal temple marriage and realized she wasn't sealed to Arturo. She seems very excited to put that on her list of things to do after her husband receives the Melchesidek Priesthood in two weeks!

Side note, I received a letter from the Urbana ward primary filled with letters thanking me for being a missionary! Thank you so much to all who helped putting that together, it made me very happy! I really wanted to send a picture, but I'm having camera problems right now so maybe I'll pose one when they pass. Thank you so much Primary!!

This past week, both Elder Mendoza and I have been a little sick with the 'gripa' which can be interpreted to anything from the common cold to a missing limb. With that difficulty, it was very hard to focus in teaching and have the Spirit with us, giving me a strengthened testimony of how important it is to convert by the Spirit! I love the scripture D&C 42:14 ("And the Spirit shall be given unto you by the prayer of faith; and if ye receive not the Spirit ye shall not teach.") for this experience and want to invite you all to read it. I also like remembering the ponderize challenge and if you don't already have a scripture for this week, feel free to take this one! Love you all!

-Elder Allgaier

No comments:

Post a Comment