Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Last weekly update -- February 13th, 2017

Hello everyone!

Happy Valentine's day and yes, this will be the last official update. Next week, we'll be visiting some past areas and good people I've been blessed to know over the past two years. At most, I'll send a short email and maybe some pictures to let you know I'm still alive. Just want to express one more time how grateful I am for my mission.

This past week was pretty easy-going. Service project with Bella and Javier and their family who moved about 100 yards down the block. Still, service continues to be one of my favorite parts of the mission. Sunday, the branch Presidency gave the missionaries the chance to talk about the themes from last conference or missionary work. Pretty much open theme and we enjoyed the opportunity. Elder Fernandez spoke first talking about a story of Indians who send their kids on a journey blindfolded, but in reality, the father is there the whole time guiding them. Something like that, but the point was that Heavenly Father is that same personaje for us, always there, always watching us. I followed touching on three points on the member's side to help in the missionary work in Estanzuela. 1. Branch counsel 2. Home/visiting teaching 3. Friendshipping. A few member's recognized that the talk would be my last and that it was a "planch" as they say here. Seemed to motivate them.

Last invitation... Almost off the hook from Elder Allgaier. I want to invite you all to my homecoming talk on the 26th and ask me about an experience I had, there are many and I want to remember them. But I also want to give a special invitation to the youth or anyone who still has the chance to serve a mission. If you are still not sure if you are going to serve a mission, ask Heavenly Father and SEARCH for an answer. That doesn't mean just pray. That's for youth who might even be in Primary too. If you have received an answer and are preparing, read PMG (Preach My Gospel) ch. 3. Thank you all for supporting me and my family these past two years. Dios vive y nos ama a todos y nos bendice por nuestros sacrificios. La Iglesia es verdadera y nos ayuda tener las ordenanzas de salvaciĆ³n necesarias para regresar con nuestro Padre Celestial con nuestras familias para siempre. Nos veremos la proxima semana, cuĆ­dense!!

-Elder Allgaier

The Mexican flag building, a tradition for all who go to Estanzuela
Moving day with Elders from campestre
The family who organized the project of the mexican flag building which supplies water to an entire neighborhood (santa anita). We contacted them, turns out they talked to other missionaries about 8 months ago and wanted another Book of mormon to read. we're going to paint inside with the zone this saturday . The dad is "annointed" as some kind of pastor for a christian church up on the hill. Very nice people who will be fun to teach. Cool to know a bit more of the story of the flag.
View from the top

No comments:

Post a Comment